Smart Meal Prep for Beginners: Recipes and Weekly Plans for Healthy, Ready-to-Go Meals
(as of Jan 20,2021 00:48:15 UTC – Details)
Bestselling meal prep author Toby Amidor shows you how to master meal prep with easy recipes and weekly meal plans in Smart Meal Prep for Beginners.
Smart meal prep means you never have to ask what’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. In Smart Meal Prep for Beginners, meal prep expert Toby Amidor makes it easier than ever to start (and stick with) meal prep, so that you have ready-to-go healthy meals every day of the week.
This meal prep cookbook goes beyond general meal prep guidance, and provides a 6-week plan to make a habit of meal prep and keep your fridge full. With specific, step-by-step instructions and meal prep plans that eliminate the guesswork of what to eat and for which meal, this cookbook is your kick-start guide to meal prep like a pro.
The point of meal prep is to set yourself up for success, not stress. This meal prep guide and cookbook gives you the tools you need to make meal prep a regular part of your routine, with:
- 6-Weekly meal prep plans that progressively ease beginners from prepping breakfast and lunch (2 plans) to a full day’s meal prep featuring breakfast, lunch, and dinner (4 plans)
- Must-have meal prep tools that include prep day guidance, shopping lists, plus storage and reheating information
- Meal prep 101 gets you started with need-to-know info about meal prepping, including meal prep Dos and Don’ts and food storage guidelines
Smart Meal Prep for Beginners is a fool-proof plan to meal prep like a pro and have healthy meals ready-to-go, no questions asked.
From the Publisher
Smart Prep is Simple Prep:
The purpose of this cookbook is to help you create the healthy habit of meal prepping. Beginning with the more manageable preps, you can get a feel for what works for you, and slowly build your way up to advanced preps. With simple recipes that are doable, plus ingredients that are easy to find, this cookbook makes meal prep the norm in your everyday life and a lifelong healthy habit!
A Guide to Meal Prep Tools:
From essential storage containers to shopping lists, this meal prep cookbook outlines all of the tools you need to meal prep successfully.
Meal Prep 101:
Packed with helpful tips, do’s and don’ts, food storage guidelines, and more, this meal prep cookbook gives you step-by-step direction to meal prep.
Progressive Meal Prep Plans:
This meal prep cookbook offers six weeks of progressive meal prep plans to help you develop your meal prep skills.
Sample Recipe: Sheet Pan Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots
Prep time: 15 minutes/Cook time: 45 minutes / Makes 4 Servings
1. Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Coat a sheet pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper.
3. Add the chicken, potatoes, carrots, and parsnips to the dressing and toss to coat.
4. Gently pour the vegetables and chicken onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure they are in a single layer. Top with the lemon slices. Place in the oven and roast for 40 to 45 minutes until the chicken reaches a minimum internal cooking temperature of 165˚F.
5. Into each of 4 containers, scoop 2 cups of chicken and vegetables.
Place airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To freeze, place freezer-safe containers in the freezer for up to 2 months. To defrost, refrigerate overnight. To reheat individual portions, microwave uncovered on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
To minimize food waste, add leftover vegetables like carrots, beets, or Brussels sprouts to this mix.
Nonstick cooking spray, 1/4 cup olive oil
2 lemons, 1 juiced and 1 thinly sliced
2 medium parsnips, cut into 1/2-inch coins (about 1/2 pound)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, quartered, 5 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch coins (about 1 pound)
1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs